A travel hackathon at an airport? Yes, THack @ SFO, presented by Tnooz, is FREE for up to 100 developers June 13-14
A weekend travel hackathon? At an airport? To build cool stuff and win cash and other prizes?
That's right ... THack @ SFO brings together developers and travel APIs from leading technology and travel industry organizations to re-invent the traveler experience.
We will award prizes totaling more than $5,000 for the best digital apps, tools and services that are based on proprietary APIs offered by sponsors Amadeus, Sabre and SFO and any other open APIs and web-based information.
Hack projects must be coded web-based or mobile applications, created by either individuals or team.
Developers must address one or more of the following four challenges in travel:
- Inspiration, discovery, memories
- Mobile apps based on SFO beacons, waypoints and smartphone data
- Accommodation-planning for travelers
- Route-planning for travelers
Participants must register on Eventbrite at https://thacksfo2015.eventbrite.com and will receive more details after registration.
- Particpants must be 18 years of age or older.
- Two categories of participants: small teams (individuals or 2 mmbers) and large teams (3 to 5 members maximum).
- Projects must solve at least one of the four travel challenges offered by the organizers.
- Projects must be coded and functioning applications for web, mobile, wearable or other digital platforms.
How to enter
It's easy to enter: just visit our Eventbrite link at https://thacksfo2015.eventbrite.com.
Pre-registration is mandatory, as space is limited to 100 developers.
(25% of score) Must solve one or more of THack @ SFO challenges.
(25% of score) Project demonstrates new and original thinking in digital applications for travelers.
(25% of score) Project is an example of working code for a web, mobile, wearable or other digital application.
(25% of score) Project is presented as a clear idea, solution to a travel problem or pain point and understandle as a minimum viable working prototype.